2007 Tastes of Detroit Food Tour

2»

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    CB Droege wrote:
    I'm sure if it was a snake and all that, but where is this calendar?
    http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62950

4 Calendars for the Lan :)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Indeed... It would have bitten me...
    edited June 2007
    Was it intentional to place the one that would be most appealing to the widest audience (and the one with least 'experimental' feel to it) on the evening that most people wont be there yet? or was that just random chance?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    If it wasn't: oops.
    If it was: Welcome to a bigger horizon, which is the point omg.
    edited June 2007
    I'd like to go to all of them, actually, but that's the one I would have enjoyed the most, and that's the one I have to miss. Sledge already posted that it's the only one he would've liked, and I'm sure he's not alone, he's just more willing to complain than most people. ;)

Also, I'm not really in need of any horizon expansion. I've tried all of these foods before, just not in these specific restaraunts. Thank you, however, for assuming a level of culinary virginity on my part, it's flattering :P

I don't mind either way, I just wondered if it was on purpose... When I saw sledges post, I thought it was a sad coincidence, but then I was curious that maybe Prime set it that way on purpose so that we don't have a party of 40 at the pub... Infact, I was so curious, I posted a question about it.
    edited June 2007
    I'm not assuming anything. I'm just being a troll, and like most posts that pass off as condescending/unimportant/funny -- I'm not being serious. The internet is not for being serious.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    What no White Castle on the Food Tour!!!

looks good prime:thumbsup:
    edited June 2007
    Jeez thrax, lighten up, why do you always assume I'm being serious when I criticize your non-serous comments as if they were serious. you're not the only non-serious person here, and my non-seriousness is obviously just as seriously unconvincing as the serious tone in your own non-serious posts. -- I'm not being serious. The internet is not for being serious. seriously... (or will you tell me you weren't assuming again? ;) )

I have another question (serious this time.):

I skipped the Korean place last time because all I really heard tell about it was the fish, which I, unfortunately cannot eat. Do they have good poultry or beef dishes at this place?

BTW: When you type 'serious' that many times it stops looking like it is spelled correctly at all
    edited June 2007
    Yes, but now I come with a disclaimer for 100% serious!

I invoke Hobbes' rule of Smock. SMOCK SMOCK SMOCK SMOCK SMOCK SMOCK SMOCK SMOCK SMOCK.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I will attend the festivities at Woo Lee Garden and Passage to India. And, if I get in Thursday and people are still enjoying the tavern, I would love to go there straight from the airport to imbibe in alcoholic beverages with the rest of my fellow Icronticans. As they say, I need MOAR BEER PLX!
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    !beer BuddyJ Sam Adams

* Snuffie slides BuddyJ an ice cold Sam Adams and puts it on jared's tab. Cheers!

You better try and go to the Tavern so I can !beer you for real.
    MUST DRINK ALCOHOLZ WIT MY BOYZ PLZ

:jared:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    okay i see what you did there.

I'll swap Red Coat with Passage to India. How does that work for everyone?
    CB wrote:
    I skipped the Korean place last time because all I really heard tell about it was the fish, which I, unfortunately cannot eat. Do they have good poultry or beef dishes at this place?

It was the Vietnamese you skipped, cause we didn't go to a Korean restaurant last year. I'm serious ;)

The Vietnamese restaurant has plenty of non-seafood dishes. They are big on beef and poultry as well. You'll be safe.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    okay i see what you did there.

I'll swap Red Coat with Passage to India. How does that work for everyone?

It was the Vietnamese you skipped, cause we didn't go to a Korean restaurant last year. I'm serious ;)

The Vietnamese restaurant has plenty of non-seafood dishes. They are big on beef and poultry as well. You'll be safe.
    Your so on top of this Prime :D:thumbsup:

Will it be difficult to get such a large group scheduled in a "Tavern" on Sat night?
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, a little. That was my primary reason for not putting red coat on saturday, but we'll deal with it. :)
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I know just how to deal with it

!beer everyone beers
    edited June 2007
    Works for me, although I really don't want to miss any of them. Maybe I can Talk Sharkydart into Leaving on Thursday afternoon...

I really did know what I was talking about, seriously I meant to type 'Vietnamese', but my finger slipped...
    edited June 2007
    I know! The "vietnam" key is RIGHT next to the "korean" key... It happens everytime I try to type Koreanese too!
    edited June 2007
    Can we get some maps printed out for each car?
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    The vietnam key is close to any key for us veterans

/flashback