nvidia 94.24 issue

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited July 2007 in Hardware
Well ...I decided to update my driver a few days ago from 93.81 to 94.24. Once I did I almost immediately started noticing crashing. Since going back to the 93.81 driver everything seems fine once again.
A while back ...a few weeks ago I noticed the announcement of the 94.24 driver. Then it quickly disappeared and just recently came back so maybe there is something up with that.
Anyone else notice anything with these new drivers?

Comments

• danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2007
    I didn't get crashes, but I got jerky movement after a couple hours and ghost textures in Second Life which required a restart of the computer to resolve it. I just went back to the 93.71's and haven't had any problems, plus I get better performance with the 93.71's
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I'm going to guinea pig my dad's 7800GTX and get back with you lot.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Well I went back to 93.81 driver and all is well. I tried the 94.24 on three seperate occasions and each time I had issues with this drivers.

Now I just went to the nVidia beta driver section to find something new with this note attached:

"162.15
    Windows XP/2000 32-bit
    Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition
    Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Due to a problem with the v162.15 Windows XP and Windows XP 64-bit Beta drivers, they have been removed for download. We will be replacing these drivers with new fixed drivers shortly."

This same type of thing happened with the 94.24 as I think I noted earlier.
    So ...I guess it may be wise to stick with old tried and true drivers for now.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    edited June 2007
    Thanks Sledge I will try these out tonight ...They're loaded now and ready to go. Also I noticed a 162.01 drivers are those recommended as well or not so much? What's tweaked about these anyway? Thanks a bunch.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    They have a INF file that adds support to all Nvidia GPU's not just newer cards. They are also tweaked here and there to provide better performance.
  • edited July 2007
    I have a Nividia 7900 GT/O, which WHQL would I get?
    Or does it matter -.- Sorry new to tweaked drivers.
    Make sure you get the ones that match you OS and video card. To be safe you could just go to nvidia.com and get the beta driver 93.81beta which worked well for my 7950gt & 7800gt
  • edited July 2007
    Ok, so I installed the drivers, and haven't had a shut down or a restart, or BSOD, but it seems a bit glitchy, certain parts of WoW will stretch really far, in a jagged line, but when I alt tab it goes away, someone was saying that if I install a new chipset for my video card, that would help. Any ideas?
    edited July 2007
    Which drivers did you install?
  • edited July 2007
    NV7_94.24_forceware_winxp_english_whql from the site linked above
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Strange. I was having issues with my graphics card after updating my drivers and I thought that maybe my video card was dying. I guess I'll reinstall the old card with the old driver and see if I still have the problems. That would save me quite a bit of money if that was the case.
    edited July 2007
    I'm using beta 162.18 drivers now and they work great.
    edited July 2007
    csimon wrote:
    I'm using beta 162.18 drivers now and they work great.

Pft having issues now with this one I think ...time to roll back again.

edit:\\ I'm back to 162.01 and it seems ok so far.