1024x768 and 1152x864 vertical sync errors.

Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
edited June 2007 in Hardware
Right, I go to a LAN and I have to use a strange monitor while I'm there that supports a max of 1280x1024. I bet that's what most of you use, but not me. I've got a SUN monitor from anchient that does a max of 1920x1200, even though that's a 16:10 resolution. Well, I came home from it, and now I get desyncs on 1024x768 and 1152x864 at the speed of the refresh rate. Lower slows it down, higher gives me headaches. But it's not a 100% loop. Stops at about 60%, then starts over. Even my OSD does it. If I had another working computer I'd check the monitor to see if it was just being a tool. I've checked all my connections, even degaussed my monitor. I like this thing, I don't wanna lose it..

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    If your OSD is doing it, then it can only be the monitor itself. See if there's a way to do a factory reset on it or something. I know some monitors have factory reset options in their OSD.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, I've hit the reset button on the monitor. Doesn't do anything other than make it darker all around. This isn't really a problem since I don't use those two resolutions, I'm just wondering the cause...Because they worked fine before I went to that LAN, because I was playing C&C3 when my ride showed up.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2007
    Have you checked the frequency settings for your video card? If you have it normally set to auto it could be stuck at the settings from that other monitor and not picking up the correct ones from this one.
    edited June 2007
    Scratch that, it died.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    :( sorry to hear it
    edited June 2007
    Not worried about it. It was nine years old in febuary, and I was only without one for a day. Didn't stop me though, since I've been without a mouse for awhile before. I knew my shortcuts and such. Still had music and that's all that matters to me.