Impressed with thew support given here

SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
edited June 2007 in Hardware
Hi new build in progress asrock 4core dual vsta mobo and E6420 already purchased any specific OCZ DDR2 that will work with this mobo? usual sites are being no help.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Any PC6400 by OCZ will work.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited June 2007
    You sure! no issues with Vdroop on this board?
    edited June 2007
    Almost every motherboard exhibits a little bit of vdroop. It's usually not a big deal, and if it is getting in your way, the problem is so bad that the board needs to be exchanged anyhow.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Vdroop has nothing to do with the ram, that is part of the power circuit design for the CPU. Intel actually has a spec for Vdroop to avoid too much current flow to the processor.
    edited June 2007
    Thanks it is just I have had isues where Quality RAM was not supported at the asrock standard voltage on the socket 775 HDTVTWINS board, whereas corsair value select just worked. Looks like it is 2GB of the Platinum for this rig then. :bigggrin:
    edited June 2007
    aargh can't edit too late went with the OCZ PC2 5400 special ops edition as it was half the price.

skinflint mois never just like VFM
    edited June 2007
    You're gimping your CPU. Core 2 Duos use PC6400.
    edited June 2007
    That ram will do for the short term and should perform really well, it will then get moved to the D805 rig on an ABIT sg-95 with the 800FSB. Then new ram will be placed with this Board and chip.

PS Thrax if RAM was as cheap in the UK, I would have the Platinum Pc6400. mind you the chip would probably be a quad.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    than you would way PC8000 not 6400 :)
    edited June 2007
    than you would way PC8000 not 6400 :)
    Very true I would want PC2 8000, but I'm happy with what I got it was in budget and does well.:bigggrin: