Just got BF1942

ClutchClutch North Carolina New
edited November 2003 in Gaming
I went out to BestBuy today and picked up BF1942, since it will be played at the lan, and everyone seems to like it. I have played 4 missions now and killed about 5 people. I really suck at this game, but hopefully I will get better. The main problem I have is that my team will just go the other way from the enemies and Im standing out in a freakin deserts getting blown up every ^$%& time. So I get in a vehicle and meet 4 tanks and boom, there I go again. God the computer sucks controling my team.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    The bot AI is the worst aspect of this otherwise fantastic game. I got it recently too and I really like it. But yes, the bots just suck. Like, a tank will spawn and bots will immediately get into it, and then they'll just sit there. They won't go kill anything.

I'm like "GET OUT OF THE TANK" and if I keep hitting "E" enough times, sometimes I can get in :rolleyes:.. If I get into a tank, it's over for the bad guys :)
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    IMHO SP is only good to learn the real basics like how to shoot and fly. For the real stuff you gotta play MP. I think the AI is the worse I've seen.
  • celchocelcho Tallahassee, FL Member
    edited November 2003
    mp is the entire point of bf1942.

you can get into a vehicle that has a bot on your team in it by hitting e. you just have to do it a couple of times. if they're driving away, though, sometimes you won't get enough e's in until they are out of range of the e (use) effect.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Celcho: I know about the "E" thing, but sometimes you have to hit it about twelvetybillion hundred times before it accepts your input.... I just don't get it, I guess.. But the SP mode sure seems dumb sometimes.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited November 2003
    See you on the battlefield soldier!!