Is this printer Knackered?

osaddictosaddict London, UK
edited June 2007 in Hardware
A user complained to me that there was a 'paper jam' and sure enough when you looked @ the printers and faxes consol in control pannel it did indeed show a 'paper jam'

I had a look @ the printer and there definitly was not a paper jam, its a HP 1300 , quite small, so it would be easy to spot.

The status light on the front is blinking orange (theres a green and orange) by looking @ the manual blinking orange can mean 'door open, media out, no toner, or media jam' I replaced the toner (even thou the existing one was 70% full) and it still kicks up.

After turning it off, and leaving it off for ages the orange light is still blinking on power up. Also - the rollers which usually roll and make a noise when you power up do nothing what so ever :(:( ...

Any ideas?

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2007
    It's possible that there is a paper jam still. I could be up under a roller where you don't see it. It might even be just a corner from a piece of paper that is tripping the sensor.
  • osaddictosaddict London, UK
    edited June 2007
    It Bl**dy was too

Opened the door @ the back and there was 1 A4 sheet sandwiched in a tiny tiny space - had to resort to taking the printer appart - screws etc...

Eventually got it out with a combination of precision screwdrivers, long nose pliers etc... it now prints again...... all be it shakey and a bit noisier than before...

Last legs me thinks...
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2007
    what usually causes a printer to die is that over time the gears start to ware out from use and precision is lost and then it's done.