Laptop Wont Turn on Please help!!

edited June 2007 in Hardware
I have a Acer Aspire 3000 and i've had it for some years now and one night when I used it I plugged in the ac adaptor and it charged as normal.
I turned it on it worked perfectly but after 10-15mins it just started to stop chargeing and wouldn't work, I started to panic and then it shut down ever seens i've tryed to do everything when i plug in the ac the light turns on but the lights on the laptop dont turn on and wont work.
The fuse is alright if i take out the battery and put in the charger it still wont work nothing will work please help!! and its waranty is finished :eek: i can get a new one coz i just spent about £40-£50 pounds installing a brand new windows coz it didn't work before so someone please help me!!!?!

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited June 2007
    Nevermind that, Um I don't know.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Sorry to say it, but sounds like the power supply called it quits.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2007
    The only thing I can suggest as I've had it happen before is power it up on AC only with the battery removed. If that doesn't work there is a good chance your powersupply is shot.
  • nonstop301nonstop301 51° 27' 24.87" N // 0° 11' 38.91" W Member
    edited June 2007
    There's a chance it can be the CMOS battery that has ran out. It's a second smaller battery inside the laptop that can be replaced and I had to do it with my older laptop when I had similar troubles.

You'll have to find the service manual for your laptop to see where inside the laptop this CMOS battery is and how it can be replaced.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited June 2007
    Cast healmore on it!