PC vs LT....BT

budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
edited June 2007 in Hardware
Ok brainiacs...I got a dongle....and put it in my LT and everything went fine...asked for drivers and put the mini disk in and shubang...all is working fine...try the same on my DT and nothing...

I see the BT on the Device Manager...but there is nothing in control panel and nothing in the Taskbar....Now if i didnt have to loade any proprietary garbage on the LT so hoping not having to on the DT...what is the deal?

Why are they not working the same!

And yes they are both running the same OS...I cant figure it out...they should work the same right?

TIA

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    what
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    DT BT LT BLT NASA WHAT
  • AuthorityActionAuthorityAction Missouri Member
    edited June 2007
    Let me take a shot:

LT = laptop
    DT = desktop
    BT = bluetooth

So in english - The bluetooth adapter on your laptop worked just fine but you can't get it work on your desktop. Am I right?
  • budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
    edited June 2007
    right!
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2007
    Try it in a different USB port on your DT. I've had such strangeness before if when trying to install a Device into a USB port that has been generally used with a printer, for whatever reasons Windows would sorta lock that port down and not let any other device work on it but that printer.
  • nonstop301nonstop301 51° 27' 24.87" N // 0° 11' 38.91" W Member
    edited June 2007
    Let me take a shot:

LT = laptop
    DT = desktop
    BT = bluetooth

So in english - The bluetooth adapter on your laptop worked just fine but you can't get it work on your desktop. Am I right?
    right!

Right!!!

Nothing wrong then.. use it with your laptop. Bluetooth technology has been developed for laptops and mobile phones
  • budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
    edited June 2007
    Nonstop:

right but I want to sync my PPC w/o the charge...ie..the BT Dongle

Krysst:

I tried it in the usb hub...then in the data link spot that the charge and sync cable was pluged into....and it seems to be loading everything but the utilities....Like I see it in my Device Manager...but the Generic BT options arent there....even the icon on the control panel isnt there!...Thoughts?