Black Screen of Death

edited June 2007 in Hardware
Ok basicly i saw thsi thread in the forum to something very similur to this. Except i cant even see anything to get to my Bios. I have the MSI K9MM-V chipset with the Amd AM2 Athlon 3000+ Processor in it. I turned the computer on after setting everythign up and ..........yeah nothing just a big black square of death.... Question is how do i fix this. I put my ATi Pro X1300 visual graphics AGP card in and nothing and went to the Onboard graphics nothing. I jsut assembled the PC as well. So the drivers are not installed on either or but i had it running and visable about 2 hours ago... Any tips on fixing this?

Comments

• IndigoRedIndigoRed Perth Western Australia Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Anything else happening??? More info man! We need info. If the mouse farts, we need to know about it! :bigggrin:
  • edited June 2007
    when i turn the system on the Nen LEds are lit up and it boots up it sounds like. The Keyboard flickers 1 and then nothing to it at all it seems my mouse is USB and its not even responding its almost as if theres something pretty much keeping it from allowing thee actions. Im pretty much building this system from ground up. Also, if i remove the monitor connector from the Cards themselves the monitor says plz check connection when i plug it bck it i get a blck screen and the light dims yelowish orange indicating as if it was asleep..... Thats about pretty much all i can tell what is going on
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited June 2007
    Sounds like a dead video card or board.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited June 2007
    Reset the bios.

If that fails hook up a pc speaker and yank the ram out you should get a beep code for no ram.

If you get no beepcodes with the ram out your board or cpu is dead.