RAID 0 Crash, displays one drive as Non-RAID

edited June 2007 in Hardware
I think I know why it's causing the drive to appear as Non-RAID. My computer restarted itself while I was sleeping. I logged back in and there wasn't any notification from the Intel Matrix Storage Console that my RAID had crashed or was crashing.
I started unzipping a file I just downloaded, and realized something wasn't right since it was taking forever for the file to unzip. I wasn't sure what was going on, so I restarted my computer. That's when during boot it said that one of the drives is a Non-RAID drive. I don't know how to fix it right now, and I would like to refrain from having to re-make the RAID without being able to backup everything from it. Is there some way I can gain access to the HDD that's Non-RAID and delete the files I unzipped to restore it?

Comments

• QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited June 2007
    aoizer0,

I think there is a lot in your post you left unsaid like drive type, controller model/system board.

Regardless, I think you may be looking at a broken array- and that is not a pretty scenario- especially in a RAID 0 configuration. I, like many, don’t do RAID and am not sure what the best path is, but there is more hope today than even a year ago- but it could get dicey, pricey and not even get your data back. Here are a couple of links-

RAID Reconstructor & More

This reference comes from my reading this article

Just know I’m not sure of the products involved as I have no experience at this; however, this post may bump this to the attention of someone more knowledgeable. If the issue is still there for you, please try to fill in the gaps of information- it could prove important.

EDIT ADDED: If you're not too sure of yourself here- you may want to seek out a professional service.
  • edited June 2007
    The array is made from two 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA drives.
    The system board is a Foxconn 925XE7AA-8EKRS2. RAID controller is 82801FR ICH6R.
    I did some investigating, and found that professional services are too expensive for me. But, I might just have to deal with all the lost data and start fresh.