Monitor and Video Card...Your thoughts?

budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
edited June 2007 in Hardware
Its time to bury this old tank I have sitting on my desk...it takes up have the desk and the only card I can find to support it is about to go out...I am getting constant issues w/ the drivers and stuff....Just look at it...its Ancient....

Soooo .....to make everyone happy we are going to go w/ 19" LCD....now that is taking 150 of my 200 budget....soooooo

What are your Video card suggestions for under $50 w/Shipping?

Best bang for the buck is what we are looking here for...not top not bottom....just bang...I dont game as much as i used too...and really only use the home pc now for basic household duties...bills, email, games maybe (nothing is supported w/ this setup i got now...LOL) Anyway...Give me your suggestions and TIA

Bud

Comments

• NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    edited June 2007
    You can't really get a high-end video card with 50$...
  • KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited June 2007
    If that board is agp then you'd probably be looking at something like a nvidia agp geforce 6600gt - 7600gt
  • budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
    edited June 2007
    Checkmate:

Think i addressed this....not looking for real high end...not the gamer i used to be...lol...getting a little long in the tooth...lol

Kent:

Thx...

Any other suggestions...anyone?
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited June 2007
    A 3dFX Banshee 5.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    AGP right?
    A Radeon 9600 might be the best bet. There is one in my wife's computer and it handles 2d work fine. Her DVDs play great.
  • budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
    edited June 2007
    Didnt know u still came around here YAD....

I got a friend who is giving me 2 so just going to use one of them i think...

one says Nvidia...

other...GEFORCE 2MX 400?
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited June 2007
    The G2 MX isn't bad, it'll work for just about anything unless it syncs on a weird color, then you need Power Strip.