SMx 33 Failure

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited July 2007 in Folding@Home
It looks like the HD in SMx 33 is toast :( ordered a new one and she should be back online after I get back from IC LAN 2007

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Thanks, you should have told me first, I have a ton of old useless drives that you could have used :-/

But thanks for doing what it takes to get it back online - that's a good host :D
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited June 2007
    Couldn't you take it with you and fix it at brian's place, instead of playing silly games?;D
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    lol.. I am already caring to much stuff to bring it along also
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    A little down time is acceptable... :D Again... we had hard drives to give you. I think Technocrat sent over 20 8.0 GB drives a while ago.

Either way... thanks for the update, sledge. :thumbsup:
    edited June 2007
    Um got home yesterday at 6:30 am from Vegas and slept all day and into the night.. will work on get SMx33 back online tonight... Damn US Airway
  • edited June 2007
    SMx 33 wants to do it's job, it asked me to tell you to give it more long term memory.
    edited June 2007
    I think she has 2GB of memory already :) more than enough for a dedicated SMx rig :)
  • edited June 2007
    I was referring to a new HDD. lol
    edited June 2007
    lol if a dedicated SMx rig needed more than the old 250GB of space.. I don't know what to do :)
    edited July 2007
    TBH I blew up SMx 33...

She is being rebuilt in a new light and will become a dominate SMx rig once again... buaaahahahahahahahahaha.

Actually. I replaced the HD and than it looks like the ram died :( did some mem test on it and got more errors than I would like to list :( and some funky smell is coming out the back of the PSU... So I have ordered a few new items and will be posting new and improved scores shortly :)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Sorry to hear you killed SM33.... however, I'm glad your upgrading her!!! :D

:smokin: