DOUBLE IMAGES/GHOST IMAGE - monitor

edited December 2009 in Hardware
Hi,
My daughter has a flat screen monitor and suddenly when she turns it on, she's getting double images of everything on the screen. Nothing at all has been changed - no settings - no new software - nothing. Sometimes, if she reboots, it goes away, but not always.

Any idea what causes this? The monitor is only five months old. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited June 2007
    Might wanna try changing the DVI cable, or if you're not using DVI, try it.
  • KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited June 2007
    I am assuming here that your monitor is TFT/LCD
    Does the ghosting go away if you lower or increase the resolution of the monitor.
    Is the monitor running at its native resolution - this can usually be found in the manual.
  • edited June 2007
    Check if the cable is firmly connected on the monitor. I used to have this problem and fixed it by just putting the cable firmly on.
  • edited December 2009
    airoh69 wrote:
    Check if the cable is firmly connected on the monitor. I used to have this problem and fixed it by just putting the cable firmly on.

Hi All, I have a working system but I suddenly got a ghost problem. I thought my graphics card might have blown or my CPU slowed down.

Then I read this message and sure enough the cable going into the flat screen LCD monitor was loose. Its warm in that location and the connection although OK for more then a year suddenly became most resistive. By the way, First I tightened the cable end going to the PC but that did not help. So be sure to check both ends of the monitor cable!

Thank you so much for the tip, I really appreciate it.

Ron