Computer build list

RatBurger08RatBurger08 Corpus Christi, TX
edited June 2007 in Hardware
Hello,

Almost done building my first dual core AMD setup.

Here's the specs:
AMD Athlon X2 6000+ W/ Gigabyte cooler (looks like a huge turbine with 4 LED's)- permanent (not cooler though)
Abit K9N SLI skt AM2- permanent
Seagate 160GB SATA3 HDD- permanent
2 DVD-RW's- permanent
Extreme Power 500w PSU- not permanent
NVidia 7300 GS- definately not permanent
2x 2GB PNY RAM- permanent

LMK what good replacements to the above would be (when I get the money) but only the non-permanent ones.

All of the above (not including existing parts) were bought (or won) for less than $400. :)

Corey

Comments

• edited June 2007
    For a psu I would recommend the Corsair HX520 psu, which sells for around $100. It's built for Corsair by Seasonic, has very stable rails and is powerful enough for any single video card in your system adn also will handle SLI/Crossfire for anything below 8800 GTS class power requirements. And it has a 5 year warantee too.

For a cooler, it's hard to not recommend one of the following:
    Tuniq Tower 120
    Thermalright Ultra 120
    Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme

Those will all set you back about 50 bones or more, but are at the very best in cooling capacity for either AM2 or C2D.
  • RatBurger08RatBurger08 Corpus Christi, TX
    edited June 2007
    Well if I ever upgraded, like any upgrades I do, it'll be a big one, such as my vid card upgrade would most likely consist of 8800's in SLI, and a 600w or higher psu that supports SLI.

Also, I might need a slightly better LCD also, preferrably one that accepts DVI and 20" or larger.
  • edited June 2007
    In that case I would recommend the Corsair HX620 psu. All the goodness of the 520 but 100 watts bigger. And Corsair themselves showcased a rig at one of the computer events earlier this year with the 620 powering an overclocked Intel rig sporting 2 8800GTX vid cards in SLI. Or you can go with another quality psu such as a PCP&C silencer 700 or a Seasonic in that power range also. Just remember when you start talking high end vid cards in SLI you are talking serious power requirements, so don't skimp on the psu.