NV4_disp.dll BSOD - 0x0000008e(0xC000005...)

edited July 2007 in Hardware
This error happens rather frequently, I have a e-GeForce 7900 GT/O from EVGA, and I have tried uninstalling the drivers and running driver cleaner pro, then re-installing them, and to no avail. Any help would be much appriciated.

Thanks

Sieg

Comments

• edited June 2007
    BUMP
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited June 2007
    Do you have an nVidia chipset?

Also what driver version are you installing? Latest drivers from nvidia or CD drivers that came with the card?

Try going into C:\windows\system32 and check how many different nv4_disp.dll files are actually there. If there's more than one, try going and getting the latest drivers from nvidia.com. After you've installed those, go back to the system32 folder and delete the older "extra" nv4_disp.dll files (if any are present.)

~FA
  • edited June 2007
    I haven't installed any chipsets what so ever, I have the latest driver from nvidia, that was updated May 31st, checked the Sys32 files and its there with no extras. Any other ideas? Where do I get chipsets? -.-
  • edited June 2007
    bump
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Uninstall and reinstall both your chipset driver and your video card driver.
  • edited July 2007
    noob question, but where is my chipset driver located to uninstall?
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited July 2007
    You don't have your chipset drivers installed?! Grab your driver CD, install the chipset/INF drivers, then record the name it gives you, then go to that vendor's site.
  • edited July 2007
    I mayy have them installed... lol I just dont see them on my add/remove programs list. -.-Or I dont know what they would be called
    edited July 2007
    Um, who made your board?
  • edited July 2007
    dfi -.- worst DL speeds ever, I'm DLing the mobo chipset atm... 6kb/sec ...
    edited July 2007
    What chipset do you have..The Nforce 5 series, 680i, what.
  • edited July 2007
    From the Nvidia Site::

ForceWare Release 90
    Version: 94.24
    Release Date: May 31, 2007
    WHQL Certified

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    I had the same problem with that driver ...I don't think it's your motherboard at all. See this thread. http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63055
    My advice ...don't use that driver and find a better one.
  • edited July 2007
    Thanks. New drivers installed. Testing now. I'll let you know if it was solved.