Unmountable_boot_volume

edited July 2007 in Hardware
New here with huge problem and cant really give descent intro about my self, I apologise for that as the matter is quite serious.

MY specs of the computer is : Windows xp pro sp2, Asrock 939dual-SATA2 Bios p1.50 MOBO, HD Sata 250gb seagate, 3800x2 amd64, atx1300 256mb, 1gb DDRAM, dvd+rw dual layer.

Here is the problem. When I switch on the computer it reads all the internal components on the bios bootup and recognises sata HD as master and every other components neccessary to boot-up. On the next stage im given an apologise of improper shut down being detected, along with options on what to do next like safe mode, start windows norm, start in command prompt etc. After selecting the option say start windows with last known config, the loading stage of windows starts to show and few seconds later it restarts/resets. Having seen this i tried to start in safemode, and it starts to show all the booting sequence of safemode, but stops after showing tdi.sys and restarts/resets. All other option provided also resulted in the computer to
reboot after few seconds of loading. I came with following diagnostic ideas:

1 - inserted windows op to see if i could use the console recovery mode, but resulted the option saying that it cannot find hard drive and make sure its plugged.

2- Tried to see if could do fresh re-install of xp pro, but resulted in same situation as 1 above.

3- Changed the bios setting to optimal defaults to see if it made any difference - nothing happened differently.

4- checked all Harddrive cables to see if it was lose, however everthing was fine. Still not results of boot.

5 - Disabled Sata HD and tried to install a new IDE hard-drive through master slave. When tried to do setup windows it said the same thing Hard drive not found/not connected. I double checked bios still no imporvements. So tried another IDE hd. same thing happened.

6- reconnected Sata hd back, and pressed f8 during booting, to get more options like restore, disable reboot on failed windows start-up. no result but got to the stage where it SAID Unmountable_boot_volume

7- took out cmos battery and rebooted com after 30mins. no results.

Please someone help i need this hd working another solution i have is to use a enclosure to recapture all the data back, but i got 220gb worth of stuff which i cannot afford to lose.

If anyone can help i will most certainly appriciate it.

ZUb

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2007
    Did your motherboard come with drivers on a floppy drive? There is a good chance that you need to install them as part of the XP installation because of whatever harddrive controller that mobo is using.
  • edited June 2007
    It appears that your motherboard cannot find the right drivers to access your harddisks. With your motherboard you should have a disc that, among others, contain drivers. When you put the xp cd in the drive, you can hit a key to add drivers. At that time you have to switch the xp cd for the one for your motherboard.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    The XP installation routine can not load drivers from CD. You need to load the TXTSETUP.OEM file from a floppy, or slipstream it onto the CD prior to installation.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited July 2007
    And that's why god made nLite.
  • edited July 2007
    My xp installation was able to read it right from my disc... but yes you're right, not all are able to do it.