Driver_Irql_Less_Or_Not_Equal_To

edited July 2007 in Hardware
The problem in the topic is just a part of what I am going through :p I cant even use my recovery CD. The thing is after installing a game BF2, the windows freeze and I had to restart. Then when I tried to open it again it said the file windows/system32/configure/system was corrupt. So I took out my recovery CD and booted from there but if I try to repair or reinstall windows, it searches for the already installed windows and gives a blue screen saying Driver_Irql_Less_Or_Not_Equal_To.... I cant go to command window either from the safe screen it gives that system corrupt error again. And there is no caching-shadowing option to disable in my bios. If I could launch the install screen after going to safe mode I guess that would work but I cant go to safe mode... So somehow, I need to format the disk that windows is in or if you have any idea or solution, you are welcome, thanks :) I have all my data in my comp backed-up so hardcore solutions are also applicable :p

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Download and burn GParted to CD. Use it to format your drive, then reboot and install Windows.
  • edited July 2007
    you can manually set the irq's of the installed devices. It might actually help to remove all the extra hardware you connected (such as webcams, printers etc) and then try again. That is what did the trick for me :)