8800gts Bootup Weirdness !!!

edited July 2007 in Hardware
Just got a 8800GTS runs well but i now seem to get 2 posts at boot up well more of a post and a half .

basically it boots into the first post the quicly shows it again but not the whole page like it did the 1st time .

Ive read that its because the mobo isnt getting enough power the 1st time round so it posts again but im a little surprised seeing as i have a 700 watt psu

do i need a higher psu ?

any ideas ?

Asus P5N-E SLI Nvidia nForce 650i SLI / Intel E6420 @ 3.0 GHz / 2 X Seagate baracuda (RAID Striping )/ Nvidia 8800GTS / 2 GB Corsair XMS / Gigabyte Rocket Pro Heatsink / OCZ 700 Watt Game X Stream PSU / vista home premium

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited June 2007
    So, it's one screen the first time, that doesn't look like your bios, then your bios?

Sounds like the video card has to load it's bios first.
  • edited June 2007
    If you don't have a good PSU, the 8800GTS WILL kill it. Happened to a friend of mine not long ago...I laughed but he didn't think it was funny.
  • edited June 2007
    the psu i have now is SLI certified and im only running 1 card

no its not loading its bios at all its shows the post screen twice but the second time it shows it its really quickly .

its not rebooting twice as in i only get one beep at bootup its just posting then showing it again really quickly.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Turn off the full-screen boot logo in the BIOS.
  • edited June 2007
    is always off anyway

i have set it to pci -e in the bios still no change
  • Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
    edited June 2007
    When I had the P5B-Deluxe mobo and the GTS, on boot up it would do some crazy things. Everything worked well though.
  • edited June 2007
    Radio91P wrote:
    When I had the P5B-Deluxe mobo and the GTS, on boot up it would do some crazy things. Everything worked well though.

like ?

i knew i should have stayed with ati but you live and learn
    edited June 2007
    Hey sacred, what does the second post have on it? If it looks like a box and has info about your hard drives and crap (Hit pause/break to make it stop at that page) or does it just say some words at the top like EVGA Bios or some crap?
  • edited June 2007
    yes the second one has info about hard drives pretty mush the a normal pc post but the second one is posted faster .

i dont get any Gpu info at bootup
    edited June 2007
    Ok. So, with the pause key, stop the pages as they come up and make up a little bit of notes, and then post those.
  • edited June 2007
    ive tried to get it to stop on the second part but it wont let me it boot so fk in fast lol

and how do i post a boot sequence on here ?
    edited June 2007
    By typing, dopey.
  • Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
    edited June 2007
    It would repeat the post codes, the info about the hard drives and all of that fun stuff, after the message about the Jmicron controller.
  • edited July 2007
    Jmicron controller i disabled