Best recording software..............

TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
edited July 2007 in Internet & Media
Ok My band just started recording and stuff.... and I just made a website for us
(www.closerenemies.com) but we are using Adobe audition 2 and I know that that is pretty good and all. but We wanted something a little more professional. I have used Sony Acid before, and it seemed nice, but also really confusing.

can anyone tell me which software is probably the best, or good and easy?

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Pro Tools?
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    garage band is sweet
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    It depends on your budget :)

A good low cost option is Cubase SE

It's an excellent multi-track recording setup. I use it alot for my band and other bands recording projects. Full support for VST plugins as well. There are literally 1000s of free plugins for post recording mixing and processing (reverbs, echos, compressors, gates.... you name it) :)
  • TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Ok Thanks a lot guys............
    I really like pro tools but I know its really expensive

No that you mentioned it, i remember hearing about "Garage band" in a guitar center magazine......... it sounds pretty good, ill look into it

Cubase SE looks good and it seems to have everything we need........ and its cheaper than I thought.

Thanks a lot guys........... im probably gonna go with garage band or, Cubase SE. Im gonna look into it a little more, and talk to the rest of the band....... and see if we can split the money..... Thanks a lot:D

EDIT: Gnomewizardd - Is garage band only for Macs? or both windows and mac?
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/HomeStudio/

Is also great.. with the XL pack, you get a nice mastering plugin chucked in for free :D
  • edited July 2007
    Go to Download com and see they have hugelist
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited July 2007
    Im a big lover of cubase and reason through rewire but that is because I do mainly midi based stuff. I did use Logic Audio when I was at Uni but I think that is now only avaiable on Mac. Check out the Steinberg website coz im fairly sure they do software that is cheaper than cubase which will probably do what you want.

The other thing to concider is your recording environment. Unless you have some good mics, a decent sound card and a very quiet room you are going to find it hard work. you might be better investing your money in some studio time.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited July 2007
    garage band is mac os only.
  • TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    well thanks a lot everyone....... weve done some free trials, and stuff

we dont know what we want yet, were thinking sonar (cakewalk)

but we dont know yet.

there is just so many choices, and they are all so similar.... lol
  • stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited July 2007
    Shorty wrote:
    http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/HomeStudio/

Is also great.. with the XL pack, you get a nice mastering plugin chucked in for free :D

That's what I'm now using after years using Cakewalk Pro 9.0 It's good but the old version did some things more intuitively. I had to upgrade thanks to Vi$ta. :rolleyes:

I recently came across another option, which is free.
    Some folks swear by it. I've got it loaded and poked around, but have yet to track a song with it. Might try that sometime soon.

http://www.cockos.com/reaper/

The definitive site for homerecording how-to is www.homerecording.com . Been a member there for years (username "Pinky"). Be sure to check it out.