so to sum it up spent 500ish quid on a pc

spec: amd 6000+ x2
m2n32-sli deluxe wireless edition
2gb corsir 800mhz DDR II
200gb seagate 7.2k rpm HD
16x dvd-rw
8600gts albatron

thats EVERYTHING thats in my pc atm

ok now the fun part when i try 2 DL download something i get 30kb/s MAX, now i no what ur thinking hes got a **** connection, i got 2mb broadband and the last time i checked 2mb = 240kb/s ish.. now a few days have pasted so i desided to break out my old laptop (advent 7017) and did a speed test and DL a few files WOW i get 243kb/s on both them then i quickly hook my new custom build pc up and it goes bk 2 30kb....... same cable same router even the same OS i have run pout of options :(

any suggestions?

computers running FAST as lighting been able to crush BF 2142 on max seeting doom 3 hell even broke out a game of C&C3 TW no problems only the download speed crys as he watching the LONG buffing time on stage6 :(

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited July 2007
    Power Cycle your modem and other network equipment.
  • edited July 2007
    GrayFox wrote:
    Power Cycle your modem and other network equipment.

tryed it didnt work :( even installed my OS again :( running out of ideas fast
  • edited July 2007
    Do you have a pci ethernet card you can try in your new machine? If so, then install it and see if you get better throughput. It might be that the integrated ethernet is partially screwed on your new purchase. Also, I'll let someone with more experience with messing with the settings speak up here, but it might be with the MTU settings and such too on this windows install. It seems like I remember that windows tunes it's connection over time for optimizing itself.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    When you installed the Nvidia Drivers from the Mobo CD...did you say yes to installing the Network Manager? If yes, uninstall it, all your problems should disappear.
  • edited July 2007
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    When you installed the Nvidia Drivers from the Mobo CD...did you say yes to installing the Network Manager? If yes, uninstall it, all your problems should disappear.

ran a speed test and got 42.3kb/s then uninstalled the network manager and got 52.3kb/s so where on the right track :)
    edited July 2007
    How about Ntune? Try uninstalling that as well.

Get some kind of registry cleaner (Reg Mechanic or Reg Supreme type thing) as well, there may be left over registry entries.

Did you reboot after uninstalling and then try the speedtest?
  • edited July 2007
    yip i had to 2 finish uninstallation.

o and BTW i am using the usb plug to connect to the internet my ethernet is in my x360,

EDIT: i also tryed ethernet and it was SLOWER! 32kb/s :(

bt voyager 205 router if that help thx
    edited July 2007
    Your using USB? That isn't as fast as Ethernet, you won't see 200+ KB/s download over USB, although I have never personally tested it.

Go into the device manager and look at the Advanced tab for the Nvidia network adapter. Is it set to Auto for the speed/duplex?
  • edited July 2007
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Your using USB? That isn't as fast as Ethernet, you won't see 200+ KB/s download over USB, although I have never personally tested it.

Go into the device manager and look at the Advanced tab for the Nvidia network adapter. Is it set to Auto for the speed/duplex?

yeh its on auto is that good? snd usb is fine atm my m8s running 8mb BT broadband across town and hes on the same router as me using usb 2.0 cuz hes also got his 360 hooked up to the etherport in the router
  • edited July 2007
    ok asked around and there could be a incompatablility with the bt voyager 205 router and my m2n32-sli mobo,

quick question if ur running the m2n32-sli mobo what router u got, just woundering cuz my bt 12 month contract is almost up and u no what isp r like when there "may" loss a customer :P they get desprate and offer all kinda offers heheh