P35-DQ6 fsb stuck at 410 MHz

shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
edited July 2007 in Hardware
I can't get my P35-DQ6 FSB over 410.
I'm pretty sure it's not the cpu - right now it's running at 6x409 = 2454, and I've had it up to 8*390 = 3120 (prime stable)
I'm pretty sure it's not the ram (crucial ballistix, 5-5-5-18 timings, for now) - It's running 1:1 with the cpu (so 818), and I've had it up to 1050 (ish) using one of the other dividers.

I've tried raising the mch & fsb voltages by 0.1 V - I didn't want to get any higher before checking in to see if there's something stupid I'm doing wrong.

Also related:
What's a good program to use to monitor temps/voltages? I don't like the gigabyte easytune program...

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    I use CoreTemp for the CPU.

As for the mobo, make sure you're increasing the chipset northbridge voltage a bit. Gigabyte hides their OC settings with a hotkey, so you'll have to google it or check the manual to find what it is. Some times 1:1 doesn't work so well, so see if you can find another divider to crank it up with for a time to see if that makes a difference.
  • Bad_KarmaBad_Karma The Great White North
    edited July 2007
    When in Bios press and hold CTRL and then press F1 to get the extra settings in Bios.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    from my searches of the internets, it appears that the e2xxx and e4xxx series have issues with fsb "walls" that they just can't get past. Usually these are between 375-400 MHz, so it looks like I got pretty lucky :)
  • edited July 2007
    I got a fairly good E4300 as well (as E4300 go) I can get it up past a 400 FSB slightly, but not all that much past.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    The other thing that I have seen reported is that the memory often works better in auto than with manual settings.
    All in all 400 is nothing to complain about.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Neither the Asus or the Gigabyte P35 boards have no issue with 500fsb at all. Can you post bios screens of the cpu, memory and voltage sections?
  • edited July 2007
    shwaip, you might try looking around for a guide showing how to do a 266 fsb pad mod on your E4300 and see if that helps on fsb overclocking. I've read that it might help you out on overclocking them somewhere, but don't remember exactly.