Best AGP Card out there now?

CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
edited July 2007 in Hardware
My 6600GT is dying and I need a new video card. I don't have the money to upgrade my entire system to be able to get to PCI-E so all I have right now is AGP. What would be the best card out there for the money at this point. And yes I do know that AGP is dead, but as I said I don't have the money right now to do a full upgrade. I am looking around the $100 price range or so.

Comments

• edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    You should be able to find a 7600GS for that price.
    There are some rebate deals on X1950pro that bring them close, but I wouldn't bother.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    1950 Pro
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    1950 Pro

What makes that card better than the 7600 series or higher?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=725&model2=716&chart=275

Look at the blue bars. Feel free to switch up the games and the resolutions. The 1950 Pro was a top-of-the-line card of its generation, while the 7600 was a budget model.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    X1950 is the best AGP card hands down...
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    OK, I'll try to see if I can find a good deal on one.
  • edited July 2007
    XFX has a pretty good performing 7950GT AGP card, I'll have to see if I can find a solid review of the thing.............;)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    The X1950 beat it.. I promise :) and that hurts to say that as I am a Nvidia fan :)

Nvidia needs a new AGP card
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited July 2007
    The X1950 beat it.. I promise :) and that hurts to say that as I am a Nvidia fan :)

Nvidia needs a new AGP card
    AGP just needs to die. :P

Seriously tho I will admit I only upgraded to pci express last year but agp should have been killed off with the 6800/X800 series
  • edited July 2007
    There's still plenty of life left in AGP........along with plenty of users with APG systems out there...............;). The average user/gamer can afford to upgrade just because a new standard came out and their current system is working just fine except for maybe a slow video card.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    No doubt the X1950 is strong, but is it worth it?
    A 7600GS is $85-90.
    With rebates I can find X1950pros at $145-150.
    Yes, it is worth it for the speed, but do you want to spend the money?
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited July 2007
    Bio-Hazard wrote:
    There's still plenty of life left in AGP........along with plenty of users with APG systems out there...............;). The average user/gamer can afford to upgrade just because a new standard came out and their current system is working just fine except for maybe a slow video card.

They should check out ebay.

I got a DFI lanparty ultra-D for under $50 shipped.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Anyone got an idea what a used XFX 7800GS AGP should go for, I'm getting rid of mine.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Bump please!!