ASRock dead?

edited July 2007 in Hardware
Hi,

I recently bought an ASRock 775i56G board and P4 3.2 x2 processor, I fitted it methodically into my box and fired it up, it posted fine and installed an operating system (winXP pro) + drivers. All worked well for 2 nights running, a little slow due to the stock cooler (intel bundled with the chip) other than this I was happy with it. Turned it on last night and apart from a little grind from the hdd I got nothing, all fans spinning even the dvd drives lit up for a second or two but nothing after that. The temperature of the CPU was 49 degrees, not too hot but I like to run them at around 38 ish. I tried resetting the BIOS both using the pins and battery but nothing apart from the monitor flickering every now and then saying "no output device" It led me to believe that it could be the grfx card (radeon 9600xt slotted into the agp) I decided to take the cpu off and reseat it also have a look at it whilst it was out (any burn marks etc) it looked fine and the pins on the board looked fine so I re-assembled it using some more arctic silver. I then disconnected the hdd, dvd drives and cdrom drive and ran the board even without the dimms, again nothing, no beep, no visual aids, nothing. This has brought me to a conclusion that the board is dead but before contacting the vendor I wondered if anyone else has any suggestions I might try?

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2007
    No you've pretty much covered all the basics. Only things left would be to pull the mobo out of the case and run it like that to make sure it's not grounding somewhere in the case and also try a different PSU.