Problem installing Software

edited July 2007 in Hardware
I tried to install Adobe Premiere Pro 2, but my computer couldn't continue, with this message popping out: "Adobe Premiere Pro 2 cannot run on this computer because the processor does not support the SSE2 instruction set". My processor is an AMD Athlon 1.25 GHz, and ALREADY has Adobe After Effects 7, which is as new as Premiere Pro 2, on my computer.

Any help? thanks a lot.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2007
    You've got an older Athalon chip that doesn't have the SSE2 instruction set simple as that. AMD added SSE2 support with the introduction of their Opteron and Athalon 64 ranges of AMD64 64-bit CPU's in 2003.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Yep. Kryyst is right. You either need to install an older version of Premiere, or upgrade your machine.
  • edited July 2007
    Thanks a lot for the replies. No choice I think this means My computer can't support Adobe Creative suite CS3 too. sad......

Thanks a lot anyway......
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Well, list out what you have in the box and we will work with you on an upgrade path.
    As far as I recall there are no AMD socket A CPUs with SSE2.
  • edited July 2007
    Thanks a Lot to offer help for upgrading, but I don't intend to upgrade because I'll be enlisting into the army in less than 2 months' time. I intend to get a laptop after my army service 2 years later.

thanks a lot