Options

putting together a new rig

edited July 2007 in Hardware
Its about time i make another PC to get me ready for college.

I decided to try the Coolit Eliminator liquid cooling but the case Ive had in mind for awhile is the antec P182B case. The problem I think it might have is the Eliminator getting in the way of the CPU because it has to mount right on the rear fan. Im looking at the MSI P6N SLI Platinum mobo

Does anyone have this antec case or info on whether or not this Cool it eliminator will fit?

Thanks

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Your temps won't be much better than good air cooling, FYI.
  • edited July 2007
    which one would you suggest for the core 2 duo E4300? The Zalman 9700? Im going to try OCing this time. Right now in my amd 2400+ PC I have the Aerocool HT-101 and accorind to the MBM5 the CPU diode is around 50 idle and 56 playing CS and running bigger programs, but if I remember, AMD's tend to run hotter?

Im aiming for a quiet PC.
  • edited July 2007
    Depending on your budget, I would recommend the Thermalright Ultra 120, Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme or the Tuniq Tower 120. I have all 3 of these heatsinks and their performance is great. You do have to watch the base finish on the Thermalright heatsinks though as I have gotten some badly finished bases on their heatsinks lately. But their basic design is damn good. The Zalman 9700 is a very pretty heatsink, but it's performance isn't in the same league as the 3 I mentioned. Of the 3 I've recommended, I would say the Tuniq is the best deal. It sells for around $50 but it also comes with a variable speed fan too, whereas the Thermalright heatsinks don't come with a fan at all and you have to buy a fan separately for them. Be aware though that all 3 of these heatsinks are a tall solution and won't fit into a narrow case.