Abit Support?

GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
edited August 2007 in Hardware
Does anyone know how to actually get ahold of Abit's support department in the US (assuming such a thing actually exists)?

I have a motherboard that was faulty. I sent it back for RMA. The replacement is also faulty. I've sent a message to Abit through my RMA login on their contact form. It's been a week and I haven't heard back to this "24/7" form request.

I'm ready to pull my hair out here, or possibly just never buy Abit again. This is the third Abit board I've ever purchased, and two of them have been horrendous experiences.

Any advice or recommendations? I'd much prefer to get them to properly honor the warranty, but at this point they won't even reply. :(

Comments

• edited July 2007
    Go over to the abit forums and then try PM'ing skou, who is a supermod over there with your problems. He probably could help steer you in the right direction, although I don't think he can directly help you. Tell him I told you to pester him. :D
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    GH,

If you don't get any satisfaction at the Abit forums.... Email me (in Sig) your RMA info, etc. I will see if any of my connections can help :)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Thanks fellas. I'll try the Abit forum angle, and hopefully I won't have to hit you up for the inside channels, Eric... but I sure wish Abit's support was as helpful as OCZ's! Any chance you guys are going to be breaking into the motherboard market anytime soon? ;)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    OCZ Motherboards.... hmmmm that sounds COOL!!! :D
    edited August 2007
    Well, so far no luck. :(

Anyone know any contact phone numbers, anything? I've had a defunct PC sitting around for over a month now.

I can definitely say that based on the experience I'm having with the lack of support from Abit's public channels I'm highly unlikely to buy Abit ever again. :mad:
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    edited August 2007
    Thanks for the link, I'll have to check it from home, because for some reason my company blocks their domain.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    GH,

You have a PM
    edited August 2007
    Thanks a million, Eric. :D

It's kind of a stark contrast to see the difference in support between two companies... it's obvious who cares about people in general when the OCZ guy is providing help for a problem on an Abit product!