Computer Restarts at Windows Loading Screen

2»

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Well my problem has been solved as has been stream's, so but perhaps it would be useful for future reference for others.
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited August 2007
    Yeah I read the first page of the thread, decided it hadn't been solved so added my comments. I hadn't realised that there was a second page until after I posted! Doh!
  • edited August 2007
    I am also having this problem. Here are my specs

Biostar tforce 6100
    amd 3000
    1 gb ram
    700 wat psu
    Radion x1950

It started with my computer restarting it self randomly, I assumed it was my psu because i had a small old power supply. I have gotten a new power supply and it did not solve the problem. I have tried new ram, new HD, and a different windows install disk. but the problem just kept getting worse. Now the computer wont even get past the windows boot screen. It starts loading and then restarts. I have replaced everything except the mobo and proceser which i was hoping to avoid doing. Does anyone have any ideas as to other solutions i could try before buying a new mobo.

thanks
  • SiggySiggy Sydney Australia
    edited August 2007
    xcrx wrote:

Biostar tforce 6100
    amd 3000
    1 gb ram
    700 wat psu
    Radion x1950

It started with my computer restarting it self randomly, I assumed it was my psu because i had a small old power supply. I have gotten a new power supply and it did not solve the problem. I have tried new ram, new HD, and a different windows install disk. but the problem just kept getting worse. Now the computer wont even get past the windows boot screen. It starts loading and then restarts. I have replaced everything except the mobo and proceser which i was hoping to avoid doing. Does anyone have any ideas as to other solutions i could try before buying a new mobo.

thanks

Maybe you should start your own thread so that people can help you - This thread is solved so not many people will be looking at it
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited September 2007
    xcrx wrote:

Biostar tforce 6100
    amd 3000
    1 gb ram
    700 wat psu
    Radion x1950

thanks

Might sound a bit stupid but try taking the fan off your cpu heat sink and hoovering all the dust and crap out of the fins, then replace the fan. If you dont get enough airflow over your your heatsink to keep it cool you can have this problem.
  • edited September 2007
    I though about that too but my CPU stays at 38c so i dont think thats the problem plus the computer restarts at the same time every time you try and boot it so if it were a heat issue it would vary a little bit.