Best router with Xbox 360

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited July 2007 in Hardware
Whats the best router out there so i can plug my pc and Xbox 360 in ( i am new with this whole console thing )

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    I highly doubt it matters as far as routers are concerned... with any console for that matter.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Actually there is a difference. I've had routers that make it nearly impossible to get some games going. Just recently I got rid of a d-link that was giving me some problems with C&C (Ruined it in a flash by accident) and went to a newer netgear. It cleared up all my C&C problems and made connecting to games on X-Box live much easier. Not sure as to why it was like that, just know that things got much better with the new router.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Perhaps it was a port forwarding issue? I never use D-Link though, nothing but bad experiences... and slow.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2007
    Problem is that some cheaper routers don't do port forwarding correctly, specifically UDP port forwarding.

Generally any mid range+ router will do what you want. Everyone has their brand favorites, but since you asked. I'd suggest a Linksys WRT54GL router it will do what you need with no problems. If you want a little more power you can put 3rd party software on it that will give you added performance and abilities. A lot of people suggest DD-WRT however I've found that Tomato is leaner, better featured and has far less bugs in it compared to DD-WRT.