First work unit is in

edited July 2007 in Folding@Home
My laptop was the first to turn in a unit. My main power rig is still having identity issues. I have it up with XP Pro right now folding with the SMP client. I've been trying to get it happy with Vista. I had it happy before, but it's just gone to heck lately. Only thing left I could change out is the motherboard and video.

It's perfectly happy in XP, so while I sleep and work it folds. The rest of the time it is me trying to understand why Vista suddenly hates my computer.

Comments

• edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    congrats on wu#1.
    Now get back to folding and quit talking.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Thanks for joining the team with such a vengeance, deaden :) This is the first of what will be MANY work units turned in :rarr:
  • edited July 2007
    I have a spare workstation at work that just started folding a WU. It's just an old IBM ThinkCentre. 2.5 days is the projected time for the WU.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Welcome... You'll find that we're a great bunch of guys and gals. Thanks for folding!!! :D
  • edited July 2007
    My main pc is folding a project 2609 and is projected to be worth 926.67 a day. That's a non overclocked AM2 6000+ using the SMP client.

After it turns in this work unit, should I consider two normal console clients? Or is SMP the best return on investment for Stanford?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    SMP.