iso image

edited July 2007 in Hardware
to create a bootable windows cd from files on a hard drive to i have to create an iso or can i burn the files to cd using the bootable cd option. If not how do I create an iso of the files. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2007
    homer933 wrote:
    to create a bootable windows cd from files on a hard drive to i have to create an iso or can i burn the files to cd using the bootable cd option. If not how do I create an iso of the files. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

What is it that you are trying to make? Just making a cd bootable by clicking the option isn't enough. Whatever it is you are trying to make bootable has to have software that will actually boot.
  • edited July 2007
    I was trying to create a windows install cd from the files on my hard drive due to it being a dell machine. To repair a windows installation that was left inoperable by a virus. I installed windows to another hard drive instead and fixed the problems using that drive as master then switched then back and all is now fine and dandy. I thank you very much for your offer of help. i could not have fixed the problems I was having without all the great advice I got from the people on this forum

Steve
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2007
    homer933 wrote:
    I was trying to create a windows install cd from the files on my hard drive due to it being a dell machine. To repair a windows installation that was left inoperable by a virus. I installed windows to another hard drive instead and fixed the problems using that drive as master then switched then back and all is now fine and dandy. I thank you very much for your offer of help. i could not have fixed the problems I was having without all the great advice I got from the people on this forum

Steve

Good thing you found another way to fix it as what you were trying to do is wasn't going to work.