HELP starting my new comp

edited July 2007 in Hardware
So i just built myself a new comp tonight, frying out my old ati 1.4 ghz processor. Ill first post the stats to get it out of the way

Motherboard: EVGA nForce 680i SLI
Processor: Intel 2.40 Ghz quad core
RAM: OCZ 4 GB (2GB x 2) DDR2 6600
Graphics card: 8800 GTX 768 Mbs
HDD: first one - Ripped it from my old comp, no idea what it is but storage is 160 GB
second and third - both are Western Digital 150GB Raptors
Powersupply: OCZ 850 watts
Heatsink: Tusio "something"tower
Disk drives: 3 x LG all in one + lightscribe:rolleyes:
fans: dont know all of them but I have 2 standard 250cm fans and then the huge, i dont know what size, fan built into the side panel

Ok so Im sure ive missed something or not been specific enough, buuut im going to mention the problem now. I start up BIOS, works fine. Restart it, shows a Computer stats, or whatever, screen:

*screen*

Main Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU 2.40GHz (266x9.0) . 4 CPU(s)
Memory Testing: 4193280 OK
CPU Brand Name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU
C1E BIOS Supported
EM64T CPU

Memory Clock is: 667 Mhz Tc1:5 Trcd:5 Trp:5 Tras:15 (1T Timing) 128 bit
FSB Clock is: 1067 Mhz
IDE Channel 0 Master: HL-DT-STDVD-RAM GSA-H55L 1.00
IDE Channel 0 Slave: None
SATA Channel 1 Master: ST3160023As 3.18 "!this is my old HDD!"
SATA Channel 2 Master: None
SATA Channel 3 Master: None
SATA Channel 4 Master: WDC WD1500ADFD-00NLR4 21.07QR4
SATA Channel 5 Master: None
SATA Channel 6 Master: WDC WD1500ADFD-00NLR4 21.07QR4

Floppy Disk(s) Fail (40)

Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter SETUP
03/09/2007-122-CK-NF68-6A61ITT2C-00

*screen*

So yea it does that, I enter BIOS to check out temps. They're all perfect, but what happens when I don't enter BIOS and when I press DEL and it takes it's time, then brings up the command prompt "Run in Windows safe mode" and "Start Windows Normally". So I try safe mode first. Screen goes blank, and for a split second a Blue window flashes, there is text on it, but its so sudden and fast, i can't read it. It then continues by restarting itself and coming once again to that^ screen above. I tried starting it normally to, same thing happens. Set BIOS to boot from motherboard disk, thinking that could have done something, but for all i know, i may not have the darn parts plugged in correctly.
Please Help, as you can tell, this wasnt easy on the pocket, and I REALLY want to play some css T.T

Comments

• botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited July 2007
    There should be a setting in the BIOS that'll stop it automatically rebooting after a crash. Then you should be able to read the error message on the blue screen.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2007
    Sounds like you have just plopped in the old primary (boot drive) from your old machine and are trying to boot up with it in your new hardware. Most likely you are having driver issues new hardware - old drivers.

The first thing to try doing is boot up off of your windows CD and do a repair install. That should collect all the driver info for the new hardware and repair your system. That should at least get things booting up. Then you'll need to do windows updates and go around the net to get the newest drivers for your hardware.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Yes, you can't just use the old windows install.
    I trust that this is XP, then a repair install may do the trick.
    You will have special mobo drivers to install also.
  • edited July 2007
    Ok so Your saying its just the hard drive? Well Im pretty sure my XP discs are long gone by now, so wouldi be able to just go out and buy new XP software? and if i was planning on using one of the new WD raptor drives as the primary drive, how would I get it to run off the blank hard drive, just stick in the XP disc and let it boot from it?
    *as you can tell ive never built a comp from scratch*