Recovery Cd Just Doesn't Work Out

edited August 2007 in Hardware
i have a toshiba portege p3500 which i just recently bought from someone.... anyways it came with all manuals and CDs .

ok .. now i want it to be just like it was factory installed.... i boot the laptop from disk .. it says starting windows 98 ....and deos some work of its own which i dont know abt and then it says no pc card in slot A or B .. insert CD rom #1 ...........

any ideas .. solutions ....

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2007
    is that the actual message 'No PC Card in Slot A or B'? Not sure what it's actually looking for other then possibly a floppy drive or the cdrom.

Now when you say it's booting from the disk do you mean a windows 98 floppy or a 98 CD? If it's a floppy then that'll just load the cdrom drivers so you can boot the 98 cd. If it's the cd, then it'd have to be a bootable CD, which many Win98 cd's aren't especially if it's not 2nd edition. Secondly you have to make sure the bios on the laptop is capable of booting from the cd-rom, which not all older computers are.

So there could be several problems going on here. Now what happens if you just turn the laptop on with no disks. Is it booting into anything?