E:/ Drive

PsycoKillrPsycoKillr Mason City, Iowa
edited August 2007 in Hardware
Hello Icrontic. I have a problem here. I reformatted my OS and everything was fine. However, I noticed that I now have an E:/ where there shouldn't be one. I normailly have the standard C:/ NTFS but this E:/ is a FAT with a whopping 30 MB. My question is how can I intagrate that back into my C:/ Drive? Any help would be welcomed. Thank You :confused:

Comments

• ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited August 2007
    how did you reinstall windows? sometimes system restore CD's rom manufacuters use hidden partitions like that to store drivers, and restore utilities.

if you want to join the 30MB to the rest of your C:\ you can use partition magic, if you dont want to spend any money on the prog you can jujst delete the partition.

if you delete the partition it just kinda disappears, and the 30b goes into limbo mode.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Or you can use GParted and delete that partition then expand your primary one out 30mb.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2007
    I would check to see what's on that 30mb before you format it. There is a very good chance that's your emergency repair partition and depending on the make of your computer, some contain excellent tools that I wouldn't suggest getting rid of.