MetaData

edited August 2007 in Internet & Media
Hello,

I can't seem to find a better forum for this question and since it relates to Digital media I guess I'll ask it here.

Does anyone know the who's, what's, how's, and where's of creating and submitting album art, track data, song title etc. information for my own audio Cd's which I am the author and artist of up to the Internet so that when I sell a CD and someone inserts the CD into their computer that Windows Media Player can download the album info and apply it to the users windows media library?

Whoa, long run-on sentence.!!!

If I can find where to submit the info I can probably figure out the process of creating the data to submit.

I have looked at the windowsmedia.com and it appears useless it seems to only provide information and has nothing on submitting it.

Any help or ideas is appreciated.

Rob

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    What you're looking to do is sign on with Gracenote's CDDB service as a professional developer. This will permit you to add your discs to the CDDB, which will allow users to automagically download track info on CD audio. :)
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited August 2007
    This isn't really related to your problem but in the digital age today CDs are on their way out. An alternative would be to look to distribute the music online. That way you just write all the track list info to the into the MP3 tag.

I have been a semi pro DJ for about five years now and I started on vinyl, then I bought CDs purely because i could then boost my record collection inexpensively and now I download the tracks from sites like juno and burn the onto CD.

The great thing about this is that i can listen to a load of tracks a couple of hours before I play download them and burn them onto CD.

You will get a much wider audience and you can link to the tracks from your own artist website.

Just a suggestion