mobo failed... how to migrate RAID 0 to another mobo.

edited March 2010 in Hardware
Hi guys, hopefully someone can keep me from getting my ass whooped by the wife... my mobo failed and I need to access the RAID 0 drives to pull off our pictures and her work stuff.

I had an Asus k8n-e deluxe mobo, bulging caps and all, won't even start up and keep powered up. The SATA controller is a SIL3114.

I desperately need to get the data off of it. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks,

Tho

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Not to sound like a negative Nancy, but it seems to be hard. If you are able to get the same mobo or raid chipset, you can do it, or if you know lots of info about the array, you might be able to get away with it on a different chipset. See the last post of http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/252174-32-migrating-raid-array or wait for better advice. I don't use RAIDs in general, and especially for anything I couldn't afford to lose. Backup, backup, backup!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Pooned: In order to migrate a RAID array, the array must be migrated to an identical controller (SIL3114), or another Silicon Image controller that is compatible with the 3114.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    Pooned: In order to migrate a RAID array, the array must be migrated to an identical controller (SIL3114), or another Silicon Image controller that is compatible with the 3114.
    I was pretty certain that was the case, but some random person on the internet said other controllers might be possible, so they must be right. It's the internet!