include_path & PHP

DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
edited August 2007 in Internet & Media
I've been tasked to build a VERC (Virtual Employment Resource Centre) into an existing site. I had planned on using a job search script to anchor everything, and just add sections to the script. So I bought a script and installed it on my computer, and it worked fine. But I ran into problems installing it on the web server. The install seemed to go successfully, but when I went to the siteadmin directory, I got a blank page. I had a serial email exchange with the script's tech support and they claim that the script won't work because include_path points to "." I’m not a PHP programmer so I have no idea what that means but I tried to get the web host provider to change it, they couldn’t. I’m not sure what to do. In order to get the script to work, I could recommend getting a new host provider, but that gets complicated because of how extensive the site is.

I’m looking at 2 options. I could ask for people to bid on building a new job search script. OR, I could go see if I can find a script that will work with this web server. In any case, this job is way overdue and I’d like to get it done sooner rather than later.

Any PHP gods want to take a crack at this?!

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    You can set the include_path to whatever you want with a single line of code:

[php]set_include_path("whatever_new_path");[/php]

I don't know what it's supposed to be in your case, but there's the line, anyway. Try sticking that as close to the top of the script as you can, before any "include" statements.

I'm a little lost on the whole buying a script and "installing" it though... if you need more help than that I'm going to have to either grill you or see the script.

Here's the technical documentation that will be useless to you: http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.set-include-path.php
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited August 2007
    I appreciate the response Keebs, I'll PM you...