lemonlime's new toy

lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
edited August 2007 in Hardware
My trusty x850XT served me well for over 2 1/2 years. Still can't believe I actually paid $600CDN for it back in January of '05.

I jumped on a 'surprise deal' at NCIX for a BFG 8800GTS 640MB card (It's the OC edition with 550MHz core). It was a great deal at $329 after MIR. Interestingly, the PCB is green not black like the usual 640MB BFG cards (the 320's are green), but hey I'm not going to complain for that price!

Sorry for the crappy pic, but I was too excited to get it installed to waste time on a photo-shoot :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=23796&stc=1&d=1187451657

Comments

• ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    I just picked up an EVGA 8800GTS 640MB Superclocked, but the BFG was my second choice and only second due to the cost of it at the time. Did you get the t-shirt with it?

All the 8800GTS's are coming in the crappy green pcb flavor. I assume whomever makes the boards/cards for everybody wanted to save $$$.:hrm:
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Congrats! Enjoy!!!!!
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited August 2007
    Zuntar wrote:
    I just picked up an EVGA 8800GTS 640MB Superclocked, but the BFG was my second choice and only second due to the cost of it at the time. Did you get the t-shirt with it?

All the 8800GTS's are coming in the crappy green pcb flavor. I assume whomever makes the boards/cards for everybody wanted to save $$$.:hrm:

Yep, got the free T-shirt, stickers etc.

Got to play around with it this morning. This card is very fast :D
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Most of the 640MB card that shipped first were black, but after some issues they all went green. I haven't seen black one ship since they were first released.

Very Nice card :) I bet it is smoking what that old x850XT was able to do... you now even have Pixel shader 3.0 support... which is a huge improvement in almost all of todays games :)