Shortening SMP WU Deadlines ... ?

QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
edited August 2007 in Folding@Home
Is it me or have any of you noticed that some of the SMP WU dealines are shortening to 3 days instead of 4?

IF I were Folding my machines 24/7, this wouldn't be an issue for me, but it becomes too cost ineffective in the summer for me to do so, so mine shut down on weekdays. I may still make the deadlines, but if I start missing them I may have to back out of SMP folding until the weather is cooler. I'd rather get them done for fewer points than not get either the WU done or the points

Privately, I don't know what the rationale is and I'm a little concerned that they might tighten the deadline more. If someone here knows, please post.

Well, at the least, you might want to be aware of this if you're on a schedule too.

Comments

• SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited August 2007
    Some deadlines have always been 3 days it is nothing new. They may and it is a big may get shorter as quad cores get more common place. I asked the question ages ago and the FCF folks thought that they will have better detection of cores in a new client and possibly two tiers of SMP, effectively SMP-dual and SMP-quad.