Forgetful motherboard?

NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
edited August 2007 in Hardware
[shameless plug] Over the past few nights Thrax and RyderOCZ have been helping me overclock in real time on mIRC. [/shameless plug]

The nights we fiddle with the components, everything works fine. However, a day later and having sat for ~18 off, the computer will not POST when turned on.

I've been stable at 6*500FSB, 5-5-5-15, 1.325V. Last night we added a bit more voltage - 1.3375V. Current hardware is as follows:

GA-965P-DS3 (3.3) F12 Bios
E6320
OCZ-8000
1950Pro

So what's going on, here? How can it work right after setting it at the above settings the night of, but a day later not? ORTHOS passed, benched with 3dMark 06, Oblivion for 2+ hours both nights.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Stop turning it off.

lulz.

MOAR CPU VOLTZ
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    Stop turning it off.

lulz.

MOAR CPU VOLTZ
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    How come it works when I set it, but not later? IT BAFFLES MY MIND!
    edited August 2007
    Is it booting just not displaying Video?

Like the other night in IRC, you logged into Windows, but couldn't see anything on the screen.

Let it set for 10 min after you turn it on. Then push the power button once and see if it auto shut's down. If it does...then Windows is running, you just have nothing on your monitor and I have seen it happen before.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    No, this time I know it doesn't load windows. That first night, it was actually POSTing (could hear the speaker beep,) just not showing anything on the screen when that occured.

This is more of a turn on, think about stuff, spin up and then give up, sleep, wake up, sit and wait - all without video.
    edited August 2007
    Ok....that is weird.

The only suggestion I have, is to take out 1 stick of ram, and see if it happens still. Then swap sticks and see. If it occurs the same with each stick of ram or it doesn't happen at all with either stick, its not the ram.

If it doesn't happen when only 1 stick is installed, raise the vMCH (or NB Voltage) by .05 - .10. See if that changes anything.