Phone file moving

halo2_godhalo2_god New York state
edited August 2007 in Hardware
OK, well this is pretty important i have a file on my phone and it needs to be moved to my PC the file on my phone is an important video for a summer school thing.. I have a I880 Motorola Nextel It is curently hooked up to my Dell Computer running windows XP. PLEASE HELP or i might fail :(

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2007
    If the phone shows up under Internet Explorer then you should be able to drag the file off your phone and put it on your computer. If not then there is probably special software you need that would come with a data link cable for that phone.
  • halo2_godhalo2_god New York state
    edited August 2007
    kryyst wrote:
    If the phone shows up under Internet Explorer then you should be able to drag the file off your phone and put it on your computer. If not then there is probably special software you need that would come with a data link cable for that phone.

Well when i hook it up and goto my computer it seys removable disk F: and then it also seys Mobile Device... The F: is the MP3 Player on my phone and then when i click on Mobile Device it shows a nothing in that folder so i take that it needs a software when i was opening firefox i saw something that said "Media Downloader" on my desktop so i was like YES. But then i relized when i hit the connect button it would say connection failed :( any help at all please i only have today to figure out :(:(
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2007
    wrote:
    The phone can only transfer files that are displayed in the Media Center folders, and only if they are of a type that the Media Center recognizes (essentially just JPG, MP3, GIF, 3GP, AMR, AU, and a few other types). There is no FULL OBEX implementation, and so other phones cannot browse the i880 via Bluetooth. All that’s supported is what’s known as OBEX PUSH.

The Bluetooth is really there to support headsets, though sadly the i880 does not support the A2DP stereo profile, and you can’t play MP3 files through a Bluetooth device unless those files are encoded at 8 kilobits (a far cry from the 128 to 320 kilobits used in MP3 music).

Memory Expansion: To support the memory-hungry MP3s and photographs, the i880 includes memory expansion via a MicroSD card. The i880 will support up to 2 GB (whereas the i580 had trouble with the 2 GB cards and wouldn’t read all of the memory on them). To put files on or off the card, you can do it one of two ways. First, you can remove the card from the phone and plug it into a reader on your computer. Secondly, you can use a data cable and access the card via USB Mass Storage. Unfortunately the USB implementation in the i880 is only version 1.1, and thus file transfers are a little slow. This is at least an improvement over the i580, which did not offer the USB Mass Storage option.

So if the movie file doesn't show up in the phones media centre you can't transfer it. If you have an external memory card in the file and the file is on it then you could get an external memory card reader for your computer and probably transfer it off that way, but no guarantees.