Micro SD card problem

edited August 2007 in Hardware
Not sure where this belongs so feel free to move. I have a micro SD card with an adapter. This allows me to put it in a memory card reader. Whenever I try and copy files over to it from my PC it says the disc is write protected. There's a lock tab on the adapter but I've tried it in both positions. How do I take write protection off?

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Check the file properties to make sure that the files themselves are not in 'read-only' mode.
  • edited August 2007
    CB Droege wrote:
    Check the file properties to make sure that the files themselves are not in 'read-only' mode.
    No, they are not.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2007
    Is the adapter that you have the one that came with the micro sd card? If not that could be the problem. You also have to make sure that the card is in perfectly or the lock won't work.

Can you read/write to this card from whatever other device you are using it with?
  • edited August 2007
    kryyst wrote:
    Is the adapter that you have the one that came with the micro sd card? If not that could be the problem. You also have to make sure that the card is in perfectly or the lock won't work.

Can you read/write to this card from whatever other device you are using it with?
    The card is the one that came with the adapter and is in perfectly. It works OK in my Nokia 6300 phone. I've even transferred images and music to my PC from the card. The problem is transferring images and music back to the card from my PC. There is no problem with the memory card reader as I've used other cards in it successfully.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited August 2007
    That one got a write protect switch?
  • edited August 2007
    That one got a write protect switch?

No
    edited August 2007
    If the card is in the phone, and the phone hooked up to your computer can you transfer files TO it?
  • edited August 2007
    kryyst wrote:
    If the card is in the phone, and the phone hooked up to your computer can you transfer files TO it?
    The only way I can hook my card up to the PC is by using the card reader. I've got a bluetooth dongle and I can't even transfer files using this!
    edited August 2007
    For the cost, I'd go buy another card or see if you can borrow any friends cards and try to figure out if it's the card or not.
  • edited August 2007
    kryyst wrote:
    For the cost, I'd go buy another card or see if you can borrow any friends cards and try to figure out if it's the card or not.
    I've finally managed to connect my phone to my PC with a USB cable. However when I try to send tracks to it I'm told there is not enough phone memory. Is there anyway I can send them to my memory card?
  • edited August 2007
    Paulfcb wrote:
    I've finally managed to connect my phone to my PC with a USB cable. However when I try to send tracks to it I'm told there is not enough phone memory. Is there anyway I can send them to my memory card?
    Finally figured it out. Thanks everyone for your help!