DV9000t eSATA port

edited August 2007 in Hardware
Does the DV9000t have an eSATA port? Im gonna be looking for an external drive soon and would rather go with this option if possible since its faster.

Also if someone could recommend one thats in the 250-320g range it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    No it doesn't.
  • edited August 2007
    So guess Im stuck with USB then right? Isnt USB really slow and crappy for putting anything other than backup stuff on it?
    edited August 2007
    Yessir.
  • edited August 2007
    Stuck with USB or Its really crappy? lol
    edited August 2007
    Both.
  • edited August 2007
    So much for an inexpensive way to have more storage space
    edited August 2007
    You're stuck with USB -- okay. Laptops already have crappy disk subsystems, so adding a USB drive isn't going to make it suck more than it already does. That's just the way laptops are. USB 2.0 is fine for transferring files back and forth, but don't count on loading anything in a hurry. It'll stream movies and audio okay, but it's inferior to eSATA or Firewire.
  • edited August 2007
    Then couldnt I get a firewire drive since the DV9000 has a firewire port? Im wanting to put my larger games on it technically so it doesnt eat up so much of the system drive with it.
    edited August 2007
    You'd want your games on the system drive, and other junk on the external. Neither USB nor firewire are fast enough for loading games.
  • edited August 2007
    Guess Ill just save and get a second system drive then. The 100gig I have just isnt enough and I really dont have much junk sitting on the drive. Games are whats mostly eatting it up. Darn those MMORPGs lol
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited August 2007