New Mouse - Logitech MX1000?

MathsParMathsPar New
edited September 2007 in Hardware
Hey me again asking questions lol,

Want to buy a new mouse as my current one is quite old and I think is giving my hand strains.

The new mouse I want will be rechargeable via some sort of docking station, optical or better and not too pricey.

The best I've found tonight while reading some reviews and checking prices is the Logitech MX1000, http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=145743

The only criticisms I've read are that it's not for small hands which is good for my big hands.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I have had the MX1000 for almost 2 years now and absolutely love it. I have never found a more comfortable mouse to use and for gaming it is divine.

Battery capacity is probably 75% of what it was when new and still holds a charge for several days of fairly heavy use. Charges from drained to full in 60 minutes.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    You might like the Logitech G7 or the MX Revolution I know the G7 comes with a Wireless dongle & 2 rechargeable battery packs so you can take it on the road if you ever need to :) I used mine with my desktop and laptop all the time... until I sold my desktop.

Now I use the VX Nano :) and love it :) If your interested in a sweet G7 I can sell one to you for pretty dang cheap :)
  • MathsParMathsPar New
    edited September 2007
    Just had a quick google of the G7 and it looks pretty sweet but out of my price range. I appreciate your offer but I live in the UK so all the packaging costs would be a hassle for you.

Think I might buy the MX1000 from Scan and try to get some extra discount, the last monitor they sent me had the wrong power cable for the UK and they didn't send a replacement adaptor. I managed to find a replacement cable in the house but it's the principle (and I'm a cheap student).
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited September 2007
    I've had a couple of MX1000's and would use nothing else. 11 functions can be set for games, battery life is brilliant. A great mouse.
  • MathsParMathsPar New
    edited September 2007
    I'm convinced. Just ordered one.
  • MathsParMathsPar New
    edited September 2007
    The comfort difference is like night and day compared to my old one. Like it.
  • MathsParMathsPar New
    edited September 2007
    Reiterating, this mouse is great. I'm a little drunk.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Playing with mice while drunk is illegal in some states & countries.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Not too drunk to type "reiterating" correctly, however ;)

Still, a worthy earning of the !beerme badge! :)
  • MathsParMathsPar New
    edited September 2007
    I'm very proud and reiterating did take a lot of focus to spell. I was having a few drinks before the Scotland game which made this goal even better,

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=G3JXzy_sjDA

Now even if you're not a football (soccer) fan you can appreciate a goal like that. It won the game for Scotland, beating the World Cup finalists (France) and going top of the qualifying group :):):)