Options

Found new hardware pop up problem

edited September 2007 in Hardware
hi, keep having this found new hardware pop up for PCI device and it never finds anything, I tried my mobo cd as well, nothing. Could there be something wrong with the mobo? After it finishes searching, it preceeds to pop up, found new hardware, so I just cancel and it and it goes away until next reboot.

what could be the problem?

Comments

• TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited September 2007
    Next time it happens....

Go to the device manager.. Make sure you have the option to show hidden devices enabled.... (that is not the default) And see whats not working....

Cowboy
  • edited September 2007
    it shows PCI device, and just that. its under system devices.
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited September 2007
    And you have drivers that all work for everything that you think exists??? I mean sound and network etc....

Crap my computer is at a friends house down the street and I need to get down there I guess as I have a tool that tells you the name of devices like that...

If you throw the MB cd in there when it is messing around does it install?

What PCI devices other then whats installed in that MB do you have for starters?

Cowboy
  • edited September 2007
    I remember it has something to do with the SB Audigy 2 I have. When I was isntalling, i had problems with Onboard sound being used while I had auidgy 2 in there. So just now I went ahead and took out the card, and nothing. should I still install the onboard drivers? I dont have those.

There is nothing that installs when I pop in the mobo CD.

the only PCI device is the soundcard

when I have the soundcard in there it shows NA in the picture, but when I take it out it disappears. I will reinstall the SB stuff. and see what happens
    untitledtu1.jpg
    EDIT

uninstalled all of SB stuff and took out the card. When i boot I still get the PCI device problem.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Download a utility called UNKNOWNDEVICES. Just extract the program from its download zipfile and do not extract the pcidevs.zip file it comes with. Just leave that zip and the exe in a folder. Run unknowndevices and it should tell you what it is and who makes it.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2007
    There is a good chance that it's a video game port on the sound card that is causing the headache. But run the unknowndevice tool to see what it says.
  • edited September 2007
    I reformatted because I there was just to much problems I was having, but seems like Im still having this problem, EXCEPT the Found New Hardware does not show up at all, only in the device manager thats says

[+]Other Devices
    ?PCI Device.

I did not installl the audio stuff on the CD since I am using SB Audigy2. Could it be an issue with the board?

aaaya9.jpg
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited September 2007
    Install your chipset drivers and the application accelerator drivers.

You can download them from here
  • edited September 2007
    Thanks!

I went on the site and was not sure which one to get, and to make sure I will post it. I found this app. acce. drive: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=663&OSFullName=Windows*+XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go%21

but cannot find the intel p35 chipset? I checked under Desktop chipsets but there was no fimilar one I see, or I dont know the right chipset I need. The gigabyte p35-ds3r is the board I have. Could you tell me what to search or direct me to i? Thanks alot
  • edited September 2007
    I extracted the file into the folder and I ran the Setup.exe I clicked next, accepted the agreement and stuff, it finished VERY quickly, never told me to reboot or anything, it just said the installation was complete. I also tried from Update driver under device manager and it did not work.

I rebooted and checked the device manager and it still shows PCI Device unknown.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited September 2007
    It might be an acpi driver check the manufactures site for drivers.
  • edited September 2007
    the gigabyte site?
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2626

i dont see anything new that I dont have :mad: