Reccomend a beefy printer?!

osaddictosaddict London, UK
edited September 2007 in Hardware
I know some of you guys on here have hands on experience with office equipment, well the time has come for us to upgrade our tired printer!

I was going to just look at my favorite few on line stores at roughly our price point and see what turned up - but I figured you guys may be able to suggest some printers which:

1. You rate as being top notch
2. You know are awful to work with, difficult to set up, prone to problems, weak from a hardware pov etc.

It will be used by around 20 people, must have duplex (double sided printing), be mono only, and be fairly hard wearing (no flimsy paper trays which will break off in 2 weeks lol), other than that it's pretty open.

Budget is obviously an issue, I imagine I would get difficulties going over £400 / $800 or so.

I have experience with some HP models of 'office printers' but no other brands and no experience of duplex printing.

Any input guys?

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2007
    Our company pretty much sticks with HP's and we are very impressed with their Office class machines. They are sturdy, offer lots of features and are easily serviceable.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    What sheet sizes does it need to be able to handle? Any special stocks, or just regular office paper?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Also: B&W or color?
  • osaddictosaddict London, UK
    edited September 2007
    Just mono, colour is not necessary, and tbh not wanted.

Paper size - just UK standard A4 will be fine.

I should have said that it would ideally have its own print server embedded in it too.

I've looked at the HP website as an alternative to see what models are available, the HP LaserJet P3005d looks like its in the right ball park perhaps...
  • osaddictosaddict London, UK
    edited September 2007
    Very tempted to go for the HP P3005dn - it has the print server embedded, full duplex printing, seems about right from a cost perspective, and to boot its cheaper per page than our current HP one (all be it at a higher outlay in the first place from a toner pov)

So - has anyone had hands on experience with this model or the ones very similar to it- if so - hopefully no horror stories?!

Thanks!