Monitor clicks off when RS232 <> TTL cable is connected

edited September 2007 in Hardware
Anyone know why my dell p1110 monitor turns off when I connect a RS232 <> TTL cable to the four pin header... I'm trying to use windas to fix the oh-so common brightness issue these monitors have and can't get very far without being able to connect the cable and view the screen at the same time. It doesn't fully turn off, but goes blank and the green light turns amber. Any suggestions are greatly appriciated.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2007
    The light's turning amber so that means it's not getting a video signal. Also there should be an input button on the front to select your source have you tried toggling it? Last thing is have you tried hooking it up to a computer through a standard monitor cable and not through your converter?
  • edited September 2007
    kryyst wrote:
    The light's turning amber so that means it's not getting a video signal. Also there should be an input button on the front to select your source have you tried toggling it? Last thing is have you tried hooking it up to a computer through a standard monitor cable and not through your converter?

Thanks for the reply. Yea, I've tried pushing, and pusing and holding every button on the monitor, while the monitor is on, and also while the it is turning on. I'm not sure what you mean by "have you tried hooking it up to a computer through a standard monitor cable and not through your converter?" I have it hooked up to my computer through a standard computer monitor cable. The four pin header is under a small panel on the back of the monitor. I have the monitor cable and the RS232 <> TTL cable both hooked up at the same time.