Yet another Bootup Problem

edited September 2007 in Hardware
Helloh.
Ok, this is my first time here.
This is what happened:
I figured i'd move my hard drives for better airflow in my case and put another fan in.
Well i did that, booted up, It booted fine, no problem and then i remembered that forgot to plug one of the fans into the power. ( i had unplugged the other ones before)
So I shut down the computer while it was by holding the power button longer than 4 sec.

I plugged the fan in. and booted the computer. Then i get the message sayng that it wasn't shut down properly. I hit Continue in normal mode, and it just froze. I went to safe mode and it said that my system32\config\system file was missing or corrupt. I go into the recovery console and do as much as i could do that microsoft support told me to do here:

ht,t,p,:'/'/supp''ort.microsoft.co''m/kb/307545/ (take out ,,''' because i cant post link)

then i rebooted and got the same message for the file system32\drivers\pci.sys

fixed that, rebooted, got the same message for ntfs.sys

fixed that, then rebooted, and now my computer just continues to reboot after the windows xp loading screen.

So im running Windows XP Pro. I could just reinstall but this pretty much fun for me. I already have my files backed up, i just want to see how this works just in case it happens to me again. I already tried the Hard drive test and all that...didn't help.

So any opinions/thoughts would be great besides just reinstalling windows.
Thank you.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Perform a repair install from the windows CD. It'll fix it.
  • edited September 2007
    Oh, btw, i did that and a lot of different things.
    But that specifically brought back the ntfs.sys error.
    And if i did it again then it would bring back the pci.sys error.
  • IndigoRedIndigoRed Perth Western Australia Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Did you pull out the fan that "seems" to have started this problem?
  • edited September 2007
    I dont see how that would be the problem because it's only plugged into the psu
    But now im back at the corrupt ntfs.sys file, and this time it wont fix.