Jump Drive Security

QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
edited September 2007 in Hardware
I have an 8GB Memorex jump-drive I got cheap. It has a security program called Vault that is really more for security archiving than regular useage- and I think it has a poor interface with VERY slow performance and a couple of unwanted/unecessary features.

So I'm in the market for security software that might work for me easily on this drive and I would like to open this up for comments and links about any favorite you might have.

I'd prefer something that would be able to secure my files but provide a simple password access with standard disk view and operation. I think U3 Launchpad is an example- but it's the only one I know- and I'd be open to whatever.

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    portableapps.com is the only thing I really know, hell you don't even need the portableapps program, just take the programs they have on the site and put them on the drive and run them like that. They're pretty much just self contained programs so you can run them anywhere.
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Truecrypt is the best way to go. Check it out. I wouldn't recommending encrypting the entire USB device. Create a Truecrypt archive (7.5 Gig) and then copy the self contained run files. You can then open your secure truecrypt file on any computer that allows you to run EXEs off a USB device.