Error: Object expected

MadKowDZsMadKowDZs U.S.A.
edited January 2004 in Internet & Media
After I finished making a webpage, I loaded it in IE and Error: Object expected came up, I looked through the code to see if I could find the problem, but everything I tried had no effect. Does anyone have ideas of what the problem might be? BTW: I'm using Dreamweaver MX.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Java? CSS? PHP?
  • MadKowDZsMadKowDZs U.S.A.
    edited November 2003
    Oh, whoops, CSS.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    You sure? I have never actually been able to get an error message from screwing up CSS or HTML. Only JavaScript or VBScript. As with CSS it just renders wrong and doesn't give an error.

Can we see the page?

NS
    edited November 2003
    Hmm... Maybe it is Java.
    edited November 2003
    Yeah, you can see it. It's my webpage! The link is below.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited November 2003
    works just fine for me, but I use Mozilla not Internet Exploder.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    IE6 works fine on your webpage.
    edited November 2003
    That's strange. Ya know, the thing is, it works when I goto it but several people tell me that they get errors when the visit the site, and I just can't seem to figure out why.
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited November 2003
    No errors here (IE6 & WinXP), but if that's the sort of stuff Dreamweaver can do, I need to get it.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Yeah, looks fine here.
    Try flushing your cache. It may be mixing parts of the page with old bits.

NS
  • edited January 2004
    Hi there,
    I'm having the same problem - on www.panozzoeditore.com. It relates to the way that dreamweaver creates the rollover menus. There's a post explaining at the following:
    http://www.pcformat.co.uk/tips/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=27652&subsectionid=689 which gives a breakdown.

Depending upon the internet settings on a users browser with Internet explorer, they may get a pop up message outlining the error (if they don't have disable script debugging checked for example)- so while your functionality isn't affected, it's best to fix the problem
  • Josh-Josh- Royal Oak, MI
    edited January 2004
    No errors with Firebird..
  • edited January 2004
    I have IE6 set on "Anal" and yeah you do have a javascript error, it doesn't look like anything to do with Dreamweaver MX. Basically in your outer table you call a method called moveUp() on the mouseover and as far as I can see that function does not exist.