Tetley Tea from the UK :)

2»

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Our Taco Bell's here have Tetley Tea availible...might swing by and try it one night.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    FatCat,

To note Tetley Tea in the UK taste much different than the US version. I am pretty sure the Taco Bell near you has the US version, I would be shocked if it was the UK stuff...
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    FatCat,

To note Tetley Tea in the UK taste much different than the US version. I am pretty sure the Taco Bell near you has the US version, I would be shocked if it was the UK stuff...

ah I C....well thats probably better anyways...my stomach cant handle taco bell anymore...
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Tetley? I thought it was all Typhoo in the UK? :D:cool:
  • rykoryko new york
    edited September 2007
    anybody had tetleys beer? it comes in the can with a co2 thingy like guiness. not exactly tea but at least it is british!

btw, i too am a user of the wire mesh ball contraption so no squeezing when at home, but if i am out or whatever and get a teabag then i will squeeze gently w/ spoon. my reasoning is that the bag absorbs much of the flavor so a squeeze is required while the mesh ball allows for more of the flavor to be extracted easier.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    For ****s sake, tha bag absorbs half the cup of tea! You HAVE to squeeze it unless you want just half a cup of tea! And for the record, i like it with sugar, no milk. I feel the milk ruin the tea completely. I have experimentet with even just tiny drops, but it still gets better without milk.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Yes, the bag, happily, holds onto the bad part of the tea flavour, so that it doesn't stay in my cup.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I know you're used to the Twinings teas, CB. Those do release some bitterness when you squeeze the bag. With the Tetley I've found this to not be the case.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited September 2007
    twinings have got there game together for everyday tea

http://www.twinings.co.uk/everyday_tv_advert.asp
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    what is this bag u guys talking about? and what is this squeezing?

i have my tea with leaves floating all over the place, and what is with the milk and sugar, i drink tea for the tea, not for milk and sugar....
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    leishi85 wrote:
    what is this bag u guys talking about? and what is this squeezing?

i have my tea with leaves floating all over the place, and what is with the milk and sugar, i drink tea for the tea, not for milk and sugar....

What? Are you from China or something... ;)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Those damned chinese and their...... oolong.... :D
  • edited September 2007
    Hey, a question...I have Tetley here in Canada...is it the same as in the UK? Has anyone tried both?

Being a weirdo Canadian, I'm rather fond of Red Rose, but love the occasional Twinnings Earl Grey. :)
  • edited September 2007
    I might get flamed for this, but I rather brew up the tea and then refrigerate it and drink it as is as iced tea. Will this English Tetley tea work for making iced tea too? If so, I wouldn't mind trying it out. I've used the US version of Tetley tea for iced tea and it was much better than that crap that Lipton sells here. BTW, I drink it straight without sugar in iced tea.

/me put's on flame suit for the replies!:eek3:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Yes, it makes flavorful iced tea as well.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Yes, it makes flavorful iced tea as well.
    Brian has done that a couple times... I stick to hot myself :)
    edited September 2007
    i maked iced tea too. boil a pot of water, put 8 bags in, let it steep for about 10 minutes so its really strong (deep red color) and then put it in a pitcher with cold water and ice, stick it in the fridge, and in about an hour you have extremely fresh and delicious iced tea.
  • edited September 2007
    That sounds great. Now to see if Sledge still has any for sale. :D
    edited November 2007
    My 3 bags ran out a couple weeks ago :(
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I have 2 bags left for sale :)
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited November 2007
    is the tea naturally sweet? I despise overly sweet teas.
    edited November 2007
    No, it's just plain black tea.
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited November 2007
    I have 2 bags left for sale :)
    YGPM.

LIN
  • osaddictosaddict London, UK
    edited December 2007
    Bags, pfft! You want tea leaves my friend ;-)

Get some decent leaves - put them in a teapot, pour in boiling water, leave to brew for 5-10 mins (depending on how strong you want it)

Put a bit of milk in the bottom of your cup, pour the tea when its brewed - sorted :) A superb cuppa!

If your gonna stick to bags (I usually do lol) try Twinings Asam - It's v nice!
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited December 2007
    osaddict wrote:
    Bags, pfft! You want tea leaves my friend ;-)

Get some decent leaves - put them in a teapot, pour in boiling water, leave to brew for 5-10 mins (depending on how strong you want it)

Put a bit of milk in the bottom of your cup, pour the tea when its brewed - sorted :) A superb cuppa!

If your gonna stick to bags (I usually do lol) try Twinings Asam - It's v nice!

Sniff, God bless you sir, sniff. a man of taste and culture to be sure. Brings a lump to my throat does that.
    edited December 2007
    ;D
  • edited December 2007
    You know, reading through this thread I wondered why people were getting so upset about squeezing or not. I thought everyone knew that using tea bags at all is not really real tea so you might as well squeeze to get all you can out of the little ground up stuff they put in there. I use bags, mostly, but I know I'm lazy. Just thinking about cleaning one of those ball things, or worse yet a tea-pot with the built in sieve (ceramic sieve not metal for ultimate goodness) makes me just wince. Versus nuking a bag for a few minutes and voila!

And the milk/sugar thing... generally I don't put in any sugar, and it really depends on the tea for milk. I love milk so most of my teas are what the famiy laughingly calls "flavored warm milk" but some teas just are no good with milk. Oolong being one, most green teas, red tea not so much... most herbals, really. I really like the Genmai green tea. I can't even imagine putting milk in that... ew. Just so wrong...

Sugar is for pansies!